Re: Electronic Ignition

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:13:15 -0500
Well I had points and almost immediately switched to electronic ignition
because it is pretty maintenance free. I was having some issues with missing
and it was hard to pin down whether it was a carb problem or a points
problem. Plus, they are not effected as badly if you have a worn dizzy.
Basically you set em and forget em. Downfall is that when they fail you are
left in a lurch. That is why I carry my old points and stuff with me. If my
pertronix fails, I can fall back to the points to get me home. But, my
pertronix has yet to fail me. I'm sure others with more experience can give
you more reasons, but the maintenace issue is why I went to them.

Jack W.