Re: Greasing the ol' TR6

To: "Jon & Susan" <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Greasing the ol' TR6
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:37:47 -0400
1. the manual says to grease the water pump...I can't find a sealing
plug
> to remove so that I could grease the darn thing?

The modern pumps have modern seals that do not need to be greased. You
may still see an old pump around with a nipple, but not many.

2. same thing with the rear Drive Shafts - I couldn't fine the nipples
> grease them.

Most of the TR6 cars have axles that must be split in two (inner and
outer) to grease the splines. I have seen one or two that had grease
fittings, but they may have been from a 4A IRS originally.

3. I had a hard time getting the grease gun nozzle to fit the nipple on
the
> outer universal joint?

I do, too.

Have fun!