Re: vacuum leaks

To: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vacuum leaks
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:19:26 -0700 (PDT)
Some of the carb cleaners nowadays are non-flammable
and won't even work for finding vacuum leaks.

The propane trick works pretty well. Attach a length
of rubber hose to the end of a propane torch, crack
open the valve on the torch, and move the open end of
the hose along your vacuum connections, manifold
gaskets, etc. A surge in RPM will indicate a vacuum
leak.

William
'74 TR6