74 TR6 vacuum lines and carbs

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 74 TR6 vacuum lines and carbs
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:02:05 -0400
listers,

I'm confused, AGAIN.

I've rebuilt my carbs and tuned up the car including valve lash. The car is
running great. Only thing is, I don't have the vacuum lines connected from
the charcoal canister to the front of the carbs. When I connect them, the
engine stumbles and dies. My understanding is that they should not make a
difference at idle. When I put my vacuum gauge on the line, it doesn't
measure any vacuum. The antirunon valve is not energized.

I'd leave it off but I need to get the car inspected here in North Carolina,
and I'm pretty sure I need to have it hooked up.

Am I missing something?

Walt Philipson
'74  TR6