Re: Hard starting when warm, impossible to start when hot.

To: Glen Johnson <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Subject: Re: Hard starting when warm, impossible to start when hot.
From: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:32:04 -0700
If it is a standard style starter, you might be experiencing "heat soak"
on the starter motor. Causing interference with the solenoid from too
much heat. I use a gear reduction starter on my high performance TR6
engine. It helps over come the increased compression and the heat from
the extractors. I also use a heat shield around the starter as extra
protection.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO