Anti-Run on valve recap / now more problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti-Run on valve recap / now more problems
From: "Mike" <74@tr6world.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:42:40 -0400
Hello Listers,

Some of you may remember my unfortunate wiring fire when my anti-run on valve
wire touched my new Goodparts stainless steel radiator cowl I was installing.
When the wire touched the stainless steel, the insulation fried all the way up
to the main harness.
Well, I have repaired the fried wire, repositioned the charcoal
canister/bracket/anti-run on valve and tested then re-installed the rdiator
cowl.  I finished the job last night and decided to take the car for a late
night spin.  Being cautious, I let the car run a while in the driveway and kept
an eye on the repaired area to be sure there was going to be no smoke/short.
Then, I turned on my parking lights to test the load on my electrical system.
Parking lights came on, amp meter was fine, no smoke..... that good too.  Now
for the headlights.  click goes the switch............. nothing.  No lights.  I
remembered that I did have one low beam that was burned out before all of this
took place.... so maybe the other low beam burned out during the short?  Flick
goes the high beam....... no lights.  Now I go to the fuse box.  Maybe the
short burned a fuse?  Nope, all fuses are in good order.  So, I run through the
process one more time just to be sure and as I do, I notice that !
my front left side marker lamp runs fine when the parking lights are on, but
when I turn on the lights, only that marker turns off.  Strange..........  I
also notice a flicker from the front parking lamp on the same side as the run
on valve.

So, here I am scratching my head.  Time to open up Dan Masters book to see how
the lights are connected.  Maybe both of my headlights are shot and replacing
them will do the trick... Kind of like making the circut complete?
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mike Brinker
74 TR6