RE: Advice on Carbs

To: <corey.sherman@rcn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Advice on Carbs
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:41:54 -0400
Corey,

The unisyn is adjustable so that the float is in the middle. Screw the dome
shaped part in or out to get the correct air flow. I suspect that it is too
open to work at the low RPM. Assuming that all of the carb parts are
installed and adjusted properly, check a couple other things:

Make sure that the gaskets between the carb, spacer, and manifold are in
correctly. The gasket with the cut-out section goes next to the carb. I got
mine reversed somehow.

Make sure that you don't have any vacuum leaks. I couldn't find any so I
just replaced all my vacuum lines. In so doing, I found that the fitting on
my intake manifold was loose.

I don't know if a '71 has a charcoal canister and gulp valve, but if it
does, disconnect the hoses from the front of the carbs to the canister. If
there are problems with the gulp valve or canister it will cause you fits.

Good luck

Walt
'74 6