Re: Where is my SPEED?

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Where is my SPEED?
From: william mcintire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:40:58 -0400
Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:

> All---It shouldn't really matter what the differential ratio or the tire
> size would be in Bryan's reading. If he's seeing 5000 rpm at 69mph, this
> is a relation between the tach and the speedo. He should read this even
> with the driveshaft disconnected.  No??
>
> Dick

Certainly would seem that way. Older American cars had speedo drive gear
options available for various rear end ratios.  Far as I know these weren't
available from US distributors for TR's, not sure of UK. So your US TR6
thinks it has a 3:70 back there regardless of  what the rear gear may have
been changed to as thats what the transmissions speedo gears are calibrated
for.
Bill