Re: Phantom Grip LSD - the catch?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Phantom Grip LSD - the catch?
From: Shawn Loseke <sloseke@engr.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:03:48 -0600
Vance, it's not that I disagree with your caution, I think it is well
placed. But Quaife doesn't sell them or make them because they ARE
selling LSD's for @$1,000. Why should they make a product that would
undermine their existing product while selling for less money. Besides,
I think most of their R&D time is being spent on their rocket box
sequential transmissions, or electronically controlled differentials.
Not mechanical LSD's.

Now wouldn't a six speed sequential gearbox be fun? :-)

    I wouldn't discount the effectiveness of the PG until there has been
some more investigation. You raised several good questions that should
be satisfied with good answers. After all, once in awhile, a better
mousetrap does get built. New ideas challenge old ones etc...

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.loseke.net/shawn