The TR6 I Didn't Buy

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: The TR6 I Didn't Buy
From: Jsut4fun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:21:47 EDT
Well, welcome to the world of buying car that you haven't seen.  There is a
76 TR6 in Hemmings (yellow car in Michigan) that has only 6,500 miles on it.
He sent me some photos and just about everything under the hood is rusted,
the driver's door is stained by some chemical spill, he mentioned that when
he washes the car the black paint on the back comes off, and he painted
everything under the hood with a flat black spray can without masking
anything!!  It was amazing how bad it was for so little miles.  Just imagine
what is lurking beneath fenders, carpets...etc.

This is why I'm amazed at bidding on a car through ebay and then being
contractually obligated to get it.