7127 GM alternator

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 7127 GM alternator
From: "rjtodd1" <rjtodd1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:56:43 -0700
HELP!!
I have just installed a GM 7127 ( it's actually a Valuecraft ) alternator in a
1974 1/2 TR6.   I start the car and the voltmeter in the car read aprox. 13.5.
I thought great- problem solved. I then take the car out for some gas and the
voltmeter jumps to about 15.5.  I got scared and came straight home.  I then
measured the volts at the battery with the car running and it also read 15.5.
In the red zone.  Everything seemed to be fine.  Nothing burning, nothing
unusually hot.  I'm not sure if the battery was fully charged but it sure
cranked up like it was.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
Rick