Unable to open BONNET

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unable to open BONNET
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:16:29 -0700
Dear Fellow TR Enthusiasts,

I cannot open my bonnet. The trouble started when I removed the spring catch
from the bonnet for cleaning, re-attached it, and closed the bonnet. The
bonnet latched immediately, but one side is high and the other side is low. I
immediately proceeded to pull the bonnet release so I could do an adjustment,
but the release will not budge. I have tried pulling the safety release, to no
avail. I also got a helper to pull it while I pressed and pried, but cannot
get the bonnet to release. HELP!

I've read in the past about various methods to solve this problem. I remember
one method mentioned of removing the right headlight, and going in with a long
stick to move the bonnet release lever. But my release cable is NOT BROKEN, so
I don't know if just accessing the release will solve this problem. The thing
is just plain jammed. I fear that the notched stud that latches to the lever
has actually latched itself to the bracket, which of course doesn't move. Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Regards/John Truttman,
Scottsdale AZ, 1974 TR6