Seal on prop-shaft splines

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'"
Subject: Seal on prop-shaft splines
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:19:38 -0400
Well, I probably shouldn't have monkeyed around with this, but I did. I am
replacing the prop-shaft u-joints. I slid the spline in and out and it felt
kind of gritty, so I pulled it apart. The cork seal didn't look so good so,
assuming a replacement would be easy to get, I pulled it off destroying it
in the process. TRF doesn't have it. Moss doesn't have it. Any ideas about
what I can replace it with? I'm thinking about an o-ring.

Thanks,
Hugh Fader