Re: Rear hub removal

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Subject: Re: Rear hub removal
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:29:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Ronald A. Dowty wrote:

> Anyone know any tricks for removing the rear hub from the stub to get to
> the rear bearings?

You need the proper tool. Without the tool forget about taking the thing
apart and being able to re-use any of the parts again.

Package the hub into a nice box and send it to TRF or any of the other
shoppes that have the proper tooling along with a check for the
appropriate amount.

Take my work for it, this job is not for the weak.

I have wrecked more than one hub trying to take it apart without the tool.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |