TR250 door gaps -- frame condition.

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 door gaps -- frame condition.
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:57:38 -0400
Hi All,

I'm the original owner of my TR250 -- 60K miles. It saw some winter in
68-69 (rust heaven -- upstate NY) but that was all. Sunny day car since
then. It has been off the road for about 15 years. The outer frame
members have general surface rust but everything "seems" solid to a
hammer blow.

I jacked it up tonight to start work on the bottom. My plan was to do a
frame ON POR-15 restoration rather than a frame off.

I jacked on the frame members just in front of the trailing arms. Both
doors gapped about an additional 1/16" right at the body trim groove
just above the door handle. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I
jacked it up with the doors open, and they would still open/close OK.
The passenger side felt the slightest bit "sticky" but the drivers side
felt complete normal.

Seems I can remember this happening even when the car was new, but maybe
it's just my wishfull thinking. But then it would seem there should be
some flex in these things -- not completely rigid.

Thanks,

Don Malling