RE: TRF magic clutch kit

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRF magic clutch kit
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:41:57 -0500
To the list,

Please forgive my ignorance!

Until my recent purchase...I had not owned a TR-6 for over 10 years.

I closed my shop 12 years ago.

I never had any problems with release bearings!

I changed many clutches for customers...and not one came back!

Nothing could be simpler, (by design), than a clutch release bearing!

If this is truly a problem, then I would suggest we all attempt to find
out why!

This must be an obvious blunder on the part of the manufacturer!

Considering the amount of labor that is required to change the release
bearing, I would have been highly irritated at having to repeatedly
replace release bearings for good customers.

Answers to these questions are never a mystery...there must be an
obvious reason why these bearings are failing.

Jim Swarthout