Re: Gunst T/O bearing/sleeve

To: forzion@maine.rr.com (David Friedlander)
Subject: Re: Gunst T/O bearing/sleeve
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:44:17 -0800 (PST)
Dave, and anyone interested in the Gunst throwout bearing----I don't
know how much time Nelson has to spend fielding questions about this,
due to his other projects.  If he's looking in, then I will apologize in
advance for butting in.

Nelson did the leg work in finding these bearings thru a German
engineer. He asked the List if anyone wanted to make a special order.
This was done. He also asked TRF if they wanted to stock this bearing,
and as of last week, they did not respond.
Charles Runyon asked me how I liked the KOYO when I saw him at the
Desert City Triumphest, in October. I told him "it was far better than
the standard bearing, but I had removed it to try something more
promising."  He asked for more info on the GUNST bearing, which I sent
him about six weeks ago.
When I talked to Dave at TRF last week (about another matter) he
recalled Nelson's packet of information, but said Charles had not acted
on it yet.  (Nor mine, either, for that matter.)

The Gunst is closer in size to the RHP and feels as good bearing should.
It had passed some preliminary bench tests of mine, and has been in my
'73 for about  7,000 miles now. Still running silent.

Those interested should call TRF and try to use your customer leverage
to see if they would stock them.
I don't know how much longer Nelson will continue to be the middle man.

Dick Taylor