Jump Starting a 76 TR6

To: "6 Pack TR6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jump Starting a 76 TR6
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:38:18 -0500
Hello listers and Happy Holidays!  My brother and I are playing with his
xmas present (76 TR6) and wondered if anyone out there knew the quick way to
hot wire the starter in order to crank the engine.  On my 75 I can use a
screw driver to jump to terminals on the starter relay to start it without
the ignition switch. We are eager to crank the 76 over in order to lubricate
the cylinders and just hear it crank of course :) I already changed out the
oil, put marvel mystery oil in the cylinders through the spark plug holes
and poured the stuff down the oil galleries on top of the head.  I turned it
by hand a bit and it does spin freely but would like to have the starter
turn it over without actually starting it.  From Dan Master's great
electrical book I see the wiring is slightly different to the relay so I
don't think it will jump like my 75.  Any quick thoughts out there?  Thanks
in advance!
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL
74,75,76 TR6