ballast resistor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: ballast resistor
From: "lionel klotz" <trsixman@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:05:52 -0500
Happy new year,
Have a 73 tr6, i have been trying to determine if I have a ballast resistor
or not in my car.
This is what I have tried thus far, measured the voltage from ground to
white wire that brings the juice to the + side of the coil (12v), measured
voltage from ground to - side of the coil (12v), measured the voltage from
ground to the + side of the coil (10v).
At present I have the red + wire from the ignitor electonic igintion hooked
up to the + side of the coil.  The instrudctions say, only do this if you do
not have a resistor.  Since I dont know, this is the way I have hooked it
up.  Over the last year my car has run well, if it was hooked up wrong, what
would it run like?
I am trying to determine if I can put on a sport coil, but I cant seem to
determine if I have a balast or not since my one reading was at 10v.
Are there others out there with 73's who can please tell me if they are
balasted or not.
Any advise will be more than welcome.
thanks in advance.
lionel