Urethane rear diff bushings

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Urethane rear diff bushings
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:05:08 -0500
  Greetings folks,
      Last summer I ordered a complete urethane bushing set for my '76
TR6 from Rimmer's.
  I replaced the trailing arm and rear shock bushings at that time, but
put off the rest until now.
  Having taken out the exhaust system and diff yesterday, I realize that
I didn't receive the rear differential bushings as part of the kit.
Looking at their catalogs, I find that they don't show this part in the
photos. So, I checked the Moss and TRF catalogs and see that they don't
include them as part of their urethane kits, either.The front bushings
come as part of the urethane kits, with the upper and lower discs. Do
the rear bushings seldom need replacing, or is there some aspect to all
this that I'm missing??
   I have a used set in a parts pile that are better than what came out,
so I'll probably put them in the rear.
   All this will take place after welding the hidden crack in the
mounting bracket and stiffening up with a gusset.
   Thanks for any insight on the rear bushing mystery..
Kevin
Falmouth, Ma.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish