Early TR6 vacuum retard valve repair

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Early TR6 vacuum retard valve repair
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:30:01 +0000
LIST:

I'm determined to make the linkage mounted vacuum retard valve on my '69 TR6
function correctly.  The only thing that appears to be missing is the cap or
clip that holds the little spring in the compressed position.  I'm headed to
the hardware store to find something that will work; either a small snap cap
or a tiny nut.

Can anyone describe the correct piece of hardware that holds the spring in
place.  Your attention is appreciated.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
Woodinville, WA