Re: clutch cross shaft <<<<junk

To: mitch vamos <mitchvamos@operamail.com>, Lizirbydavis@cs.com,
Subject: Re: clutch cross shaft <<<<junk
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 08:54:10 -0500
I stand with Mitch also.  John Swauger flat out lied to me about the
problems with the TRF clutch cross shafts, and it is one of the things that
has soured me on TRF.  He claimed that he went and checked an NOS part and
used part and found them to have the same dimensions.  BS!

I had a friend at another supplier drop me off an NOS shaft, Stanpart label
was date stamped at a month/year that coincided with very early TR6
production, and I ended up using that NOS shaft.  Prior to installing it, I
took dimensions and found the fork pin hole to be drilled 2mm the wrong
direction.  I offered send John photos of both shafts, but he never even
responded to that offer.

So if you buy a clutch cross shaft from TRF, expect to be shafted when it
comes to fit it.

Kai

(yep this is vendor bashing, because TRF has known about this problem for at
least three years now and still deny it)