Re: Clutch sets

To: forzion@maine.rr.com (David Friedlander)
Subject: Re: Clutch sets
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 20:54:14 -0800 (PST)
Dave---I've never used a Sachs clutch. The Luk was OK, and most have
been the B&B. I don't recall a problem with any one brand except one B&B
that had flat diaphragm fingers. This clutch would slip under power. I
don't know which supplier sent me this, as it's been about 12 years ago.
All other B&B's that have the "cranked" fingers clamped well.

The Sachs clutch is reported to be a little softer, and disengages
easier than others.
Don't know if this means less clamp or not. (No good if it slips!) I
guess you could say it's a personal choice.

Dick