sway bar bracket

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: sway bar bracket
From: lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:21:47 -0500
Hi List,
I've just taken the roll bar off the front of the car.  Two questions:  What
are the brackets supposed to look like.  Are they supposed to be semicircular
(to match the shape of the poly bushings I bought)?  The brackets I pulled off
are almost eliptical.  The rubber bushings and U bolts are comformed perfectly
to this unsual shape.  I can't see how a poly bushing can be made to fit into
this bracket.  Second, how do you get the bushing on to the bar?  There is no
way I can get the bushing over the ends of the bar.  It seems that the bushing
would have to be split to fit, although the rubber bushings were not.
Joe Davis