Re: eBay Credit Card scam -- no LBC content

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: eBay Credit Card scam -- no LBC content
From: RangerCRS <rangercs@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:14:06 -0500
I got one on Friday supposedly from PayPal. It said it was a random
security check and I needed to go the the link they provided. The site
the link went to included an informational form to fill out which
included every possible piece of info you can imagine. Social security
and driver license numbers, bank account and routing numbers, and of
course credit card numbers. Stuff that even the real PayPal never asks
for when signing up.

I opened a second browser window and compared this site to the real
PayPal, and everything was identical.
I e mailed PayPal to advise them and  have not had a response yet.
The thought of people falling for this and providing such information
is scary.
Craig