TR6 Pistons

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Pistons
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:52:32 -0500
List;

Can't say as I can recall seeing much on this list regarding pistons.
Can anyone suggest a quality brand/model/part number (series) as a
replacement for stock pistons? As we were tearing down the block today,
number one piston came out with a broken ring and a scored cylinder. It
appears the scoring is about 0.015+ deep. So, a new set of pistons and
rings will be in order after we bore/hone the block. We were already
milling the head for a 9.5 CR and are about to install a Piper 270 cam.
Granted, we still don't know the correct bore size for the pistons until
the machining is completed but all I'm looking for is a brand
recommendation. TRF has only a marginal reference to pistons in their
Winter Sale catalog. Anyone?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO