Turning on lights almost kills engine

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turning on lights almost kills engine
From: "David Chandler" <dchandler2@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:05:14 -0600
 Sorry, this problem isn't about a TR6 but a 1973 Triumph Stag.
I am helping a friend get this car back on the road.  It was running
horrible so I helped him change out the spark wires/plugs and
rotor and that helped.  But while on a test drive, with the engine
running well, he turned on the lights and killed the motor.
  Cranked it up again with the lights off, got the revs up and then
hit the lights again..  The motor started really missing.  The
battery is good and the altmeter shows the alternator is working.
  Any ideas?

--David Chandler  '73 TR6 and running beautifully

www.davidbchandler.net/tr6/tr6.htm