Re: seeking air horn recommendation

To: "Cregg Cowan" <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: Re: seeking air horn recommendation
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:46:49 -0700
Cregg,

I had air horns on all three of my Fiat Spyders and at times I was amazed at
the respect one would get when using them.  They can be mounted anywhere
under the hood, mine were always mounted on a fender well facing forward.  I
had both metal and plastic versions and don't recall any difference between
the two.  All of mine were of the two-horn variety and seemed very
sufficient.  With all due respect to those who prefer sound effects to air
horns, when in a difficult situation I'd take the air horns anytime.

I have thought about putting a set of air horns on my TR but I'm maintaining
a British state of mind for the time being (I had Fiats for an awfully long
time).  By the way, a PO of my 6 had mounted an old-fashioned ahooga horn
under the hood with an auxiliary button under the dash.  The first thing I
did when I got the car was pull the ahooga horn.

Gary
'73