RE: Running Cool

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running Cool
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:00:22 -0400
Thanks all for the great advice on this issue. I had kept the old thermo, which
was rated at 180 (this
was before I realized there were different ones). I removed the new one, and
discovered it was rated
at 160. Then the pot o' water test. The old one opened perfectly at 180, and
closed as it cooled.
Change water, try again with the new one. New one (160) never opened! Back to
supplier it goes, but
for the time being, "if it ain't broke..." applies once again.

Last steps - tonight I'm going to find out what the actual operating
temperature is when the gauge
reads 1/4, and also need to bleed the system.

By the way, for any Vette nuts who live near Cincy, the Concour D'Elegance is
this Sunday, and
Corvette is featured this year.

<mc>