Re: Warning to Ebay Sellers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warning to Ebay Sellers
From: Tommy Thompson <segerguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
I bid on a nice TR6 and lost by $100.00, my and the wife drove to see the car.
loved it and watched the auction min. by min at the end.  I got sniped in the
last 5 seconds.  The car came up for bid again on Ebay because the buyer lived
in Canada and had problems with the papers to get it across the border.  The
wife and I did not rebid on the car, only because we decided to put the money
into the restoration of the TR6 that we already had.

Having said that........if we would have bought that car...it would have been a
very very nice transaction between the seller and us.  We met him, drove the
car, and he would have been happy selling his baby to us, as we would have been
to get it!

Selling and buying big ticket items on Ebay is a risky thing, the seller has to
know that his buyer is worthy, and the buyer has to know what the heck he/she
is really buying!  You get what you pay for!

Parts are just that...parts, some are good and some are Junk!!  I have bought
some really nice new(not used) things from a seller on Ebay that is very very
very trustworthy...the Ebay name is Bluechips2001 (somewhere in Ohio....NFI)
This Seller gives what he says he has exactly and ships it right away, No
worries BAM it's at your door!

Ebay is a GREAT resourse for LBC things......I wonder what the OldTimers did
without it!
Cheers

Tommy Thompson (Segerguy@yahoo.com)
http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=10