Ground wires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ground wires
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:32:06 EDT
I'm finally starting to re-install my newly refinished dash and gauges and I
noticed two black wires in the harness  that end in grommets rather than Lucar
connectors that I didn't remember removing when I took everything out
(another validation for the "write everything down" school!).  I assume these
are
both grounds that perhaps the PO had disconnected  for some reason or I just
had
a brain cramp and don't remember disconnecting them.  I assume these should be
connected to the metal fascia somewhere to complete the ground.  But is there
any specific location?  I may have missed it but I don't see any indication
either in my Bentley manual or Dan Master's Electrical Guide.

Anyone dealt with this recently?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6