trans oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: trans oil
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:54:36 -0400
Listers:

I think I tuned into the tranmission oil thread a little late.  I gather that
there is some problem with filling the transmission with oil meeting GL-5
specs?  When I went to top off my transmission, it took quite a bit of oil.  I
had purchased typical modern gear oil from the auto parts store which is
labeled "meets GL-3, GL-4, and GL-5 specs."  Do I need to drain it and start
over?  No big deal, but what is the problem with modern gear oil in my trans?

Thanks.

Michael Samuels
'70 TR6 PI CP 51797 LP
Miami Beach, FL