Vacume advance problem ?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Vacume advance problem ?
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:13:18 -0700
This is a problem with my TR6 motor/Stromberg carbs in my TVR.

When driving along minding my own business in either 3rd or 4th and I stomp on
the gas the car will buck as it accelerates. I'm wondering if it could be the
vacuumed advanced ?

Some facts to help:
There is no pinging to indicate the timing is out
I know my by pass valves are not too good (yes, new diaphragms and gaskets) but
when removed and holes covered with duct tape it idles at 900 instead of 1400!
(one is missing a spring I hope will solve this when it comes)
It accelerates okay from a standing start
Yes I rebuilt the carbs
The mixture seems to be okay

Thanks, Pat