Re: TR6 engine stutter

To: jwgw@charter.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine stutter
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:02:23 +0000
Jim:

>From recent personal experience I found the distributor to be the source of
rough running when the engine is warm.  Firstly, check to see that the rotor
is correct.  (replace if you have a new one on your garage shelf)  I found
that I was shipped an incorrect rotor from one of the suppliers.  A new one
cured the rough running immediately.  Secondly, (or firstly!) check that the
distributor shaft is not wobbly when you grab it and give it a shake.  I
replaced a worn distributor and still had rough running symptoms until I
replaced the incorrect rotor as described above.  My 2 cents worth!

Walt Fogle
Woodinville, WA
'69 TR6
'80 TR8 FHC