Re: Exhaust options continued...

To: CreamerM@cintas.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust options continued...
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:58:00 EDT
The Rimmer stainless dual muffler set up does look impressive.    I have mine
hooked to stock 2  outlet exhaust manifold. My motor is somewhat warmed over.
  I have  been mostly disappointed in the sound of this system.  The mufflers
sound like the "glass-packs" I had on my GTO.  Sort of a "whap-whap-whap"
under load between 2500-3000 RPMs.  Above that...up to about 6000 RPMs it
sounds
great.  The cruising sound at 3000 and up is not overly loud, rather pleasant
in fact,  and idle sounds great.  But, For piddling around town at reasonable
rpms I think the sound is crude.  I'll go to a single outlet stock system next
time. Just my opinion
Joe Davis