RE: Rear shocks "refill"

To: "'Bert Van der Stee'" <bert.van.der.stee@pandora.be>,
Subject: RE: Rear shocks "refill"
From: hart <wenal@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:42:05 -0600
Hi All,

When we rebuilt the rear suspension of our 75 TR6 last year, we removed the
tube shock conversion and tossed it into the trash. Why you ask? Two
reasons: (1) the autocross wheels would not fit with the tube shocks
installed and (2) the conversion kit mounted the shocks to the BODY of the
car. The body is stressed enough from autocrossing, thankyouverymuch!

We then dug up the old levers that came in the parts box when we bought the
car and sent them to Apple Hydraulics. We received a nice set of heavy-duty
rebuilds. I have no complaints with them whatsoever. They look good and feel
good (just the way I like it!).

I had spent a long time researching how to rebuild or at least fix up the
old levers by myself. Trust me; it's much more time and cost effective to
just send your levers to a reputable rebuilder such as Apple and you will be
very happy with the quality of the results.

If you do decide to work on the shocks yourself, the most common fluid I've
heard of being used is not engine oil but some kind of motorcycle fork oil,
the brand's name escapes me.

Cheers,
Wendy Hart
'75 TR6