Re: [xj] Upcoming NorCal British Car Show and Swap Meet-June

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [xj] Upcoming NorCal British Car Show and Swap Meet-June
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:50:00 -0700
: A friend in the Jag lovers list sent me this.  I thought I'd pass
it
: on to the 6-er's out in Northern California..  I'll be there
FWIW..
:
: Ken
: 73 TR6
: 87 XJ6
: 79 Vespa Grande
:
: 15th
:
:
: : Hello all-
: :
: :   This Andrew Weinberg from San Jose, California. I'm
: : and XJ-S, XJ6, and XKE owner, and a current and former
: : subscriber to some of your forums. I wanted to let all
: : of the Jag nuts in the Northern California area know
: : of an upcoming British car event that isn't normally
: : that well publicized. I'm not in any way connected
: : with the event- I just think it's great event.
: :
: :   On Sunday, June 15, the 13th Annual Hayward
: : (California) Field Meet will take place at the Cal
: : State University Campus in Hayward. This a car show
: : and swap meet for all British cars, and there usually
: : is a pretty good turnout. It's sponsored by the Mini
: : Owners of America (San Francisco Chapter), so the
: : predominant presence is Minis and their variants.
: : However, there are plenty of other British cars there
: : too (MG's, Triumphs, Jensens, Rovers, you name it), as
: : well as a growing presence of Jags (Mk I/II, XJ's,
: : XKE, etc.,.) over the years. The event starts at
: : 8:00am, with judging of cars in the show at 11:00am.
: : The swap meet runs as long as there are people there
: : to haggle......
: :
: : Besides good cars to see, what's neat for us Jag
: : people is that there are always a few folks selling
: : used, new, and NOS Jag parts, but few Jag buyers, so
: : some good deals are there to be had. (I bought a very
: : nice 95 XJS factory rear wing for $20 last year!!!!).
: :
: :   The event isn't only for show cars- anyone can park
: : on the green and display a car after registering and
: : paying the fee ($15 in advance, $20 the day of), or
: : just park in the upper lot for free, and check out the
: : cars and parts. Selling in the swap meet is $15
: : advance, $20 day of show.  And of course it's all free
: : for spectators.
: :
: : So if you have nothing exciting planned for that
: : morning, come on by. If anyone wants to register
: : ahead, to either show or sell, contact Jon Becker at
: : 925-689-4005.
: :
: :   Again, I'm not connected with the event, but have
: : been going for the last several years and having a
: : great time.
: :
: : Thanks to all and hopefully see you there.
: :
: : Andrew
: :
: : =====
: :
: :
: : __________________________________
: : Do you Yahoo!?
: : The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
: : http://search.yahoo.com
: :
: : ===================================================
: : The archives and FAQ will answer many queries on the XJ
series...
: : FAQs:  http://www.jag-lovers.org/xjlovers/xjfaq/index.html
: : Archives:  http://www.jag-lovers.org/lists/search.html
: :
: : To remove yourself from this list, go to
: http://www.jag-lovers.org/cgi-bin/majordomo.
: :
: : // please trim quoted text to context only
: :
: :
: