Lft Rear wheel arch #, where the heck did that come from?

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lft Rear wheel arch #, where the heck did that come from?
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:24:52 -0500
 I am getting ready to install wheel arch splash guards from Vicky Brit and
noticed on the left rear wheel arch right above the shock link a number plate.
The # is 30081, it's a small plate spot welded in the wheel arch. Does anyone
know what this # might have been used for?
  The Body # inside the engine compartment is 27462CC, VIN # CC27431L,
1969TR6.
  I'm just curious as to why it is there. Do latter TR's have this # or is it
just the early ones?

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)