Re: SOS - New Oil Pan

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SOS - New Oil Pan
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:46:23 -0400
Geoff,

While you may find a clean oil pan, I think what you are describing is
pretty common.  It's due to overtightening the oil pan screws and it can be
fixed.

Another lister may be able to provide details, but all it takes is a light
hammer and a flat hard surface.  In essence, you're getting the pan flange
flat across its entire face so the pan seals against the entire gasket.
With the raised areas around the screw holes pressure was being applied just
around the holes and not to the gasket

Greg
CD6250L