electrical problem: dummy dash lights

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical problem: dummy dash lights
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:34:53 +0000
Hello,

Okay I am finally getting around to some minor (but important to me)
electrical
problems. car: 1976 TR6.
First, I do own Dan's electrical book. Very good. except I am still
unable to trace the problem.
1) seat belt light will not come on, but buzzer works w/ door open and key
turn to on.

2)EGR light stays on. I reset the EGR counter - did not help. and then
replaced the EGR counter w/ NOS - no change.

For the seat belt I am curious if it could have something to do with the
round plastic switch
that is activated by my weight in the seat. Should I be able to test for
positive power at the
connectors? I think the two leads are both purple...i forget now. If the
switch is bad...what if I
force the connection with a direct link with wires?

The EGR...I have no idea where to start for that one!

Just curious if anyone has the same problem or faced the same or can anyone
lend some
guidance?

Thanks!

JAT