RE: Valve adjustment

To: "6 Pack List (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve adjustment
From: Jim Davis <jamdav@woodward.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:29:59 -0500
Gary and everyone, Thanks for the suggestions!

The car idles fine, It does not like to start right up when hot (cranks for
a few seconds and then reluctantly starts running).  The rotor is pressed
home, but I will take a closer look at the dizzy to see if it has "play".  I
think I'm dealing with a couple problems.

William if you could send me Bob Sarama's info that would be great!

I also know a British car guru here in Fort Collins who should be able to
help, and fortunately (for me) this weeks Tech session at the local British
Car Club is rebuilding distributors.

Jim

----

Jim,

I had an intermittent miss with my 6 which seemed to be caused by a slight
shift of a loose rotor on the distributor shaft.  After replacing the rotor
it went away.  Was the car missing at the time you checked your timing?  My
car's symptoms would have made it difficult to answer that question, just
because the problem would come and go so sporadically.

Gary
'73

http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/