Reconditioned Dampers

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reconditioned Dampers
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:34:10 -0400
Listers,

Just thought I'd throw this out to the list, as I just found out that I have a
bad damper and I'm sure many other listers have the same problem.

Brought my crank, flywheel and damper to be balanced at which point the
machine shop told me the damper was trash.  The rubber between the steel
sections was badly cracked and deteriorated.  Fellow said at high revs it
could cause all kinds of nasty vibration.  I was then told of a place in
California called Damper Dudes.  They rebuild crank dampers including TRs.
Sounds like price is about $60-$80.  In case anyone is interested:

Damper Dudes
6180 Parallel Road
Anderson, CA 96007
1-800-413-2673