FUEL PUMPS/FILTERS/REAR END ALINMENTS or -6 TWITCH

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: FUEL PUMPS/FILTERS/REAR END ALINMENTS or -6 TWITCH
From: RazorBobSr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:55:25 EDT
My old BuddyS,I am 74-6 driver and this past weekend while on 200 mile road
trip with other LBC owners in Ind.Wile on this first road trip for my -6,driver
behind me sees that my -6 is crabing slighly to right[stears ok] and I have
found that while going over bumps in road car twitches to the right.Can this be
corrected in a -6,I have new tires[215/70s] if so,how??? Second prob: also on
this drive,first at highway speeds the car started surging and eng lost its
power[not mis-fireing tho] just a fall off in power.Later in the day[75 miles
later] at much lower speeds eng did much the same,so,WE changed
filter[filthy]NOW drove car home but could see from NEW filter that pump was
pushing very
little gas,but was pumping enough to run eng.Old pump has tickler handle on
botton side pump,is this a factory pump??? Is there a wire mesh screen in top
of
pump?? AND pumps well when eng is cold,as it did this morrning,hot just a
dribble.YOUR THOUGHTS AND THANKS from Bob Arnett