Door strap issue

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door strap issue
From: "Curt Hoffman" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:25:51 -0500
I have a related but different problem to the one recently being discussed. In
the car I bought the door strap is fine but the piece that mounts to the door
itself, looks like from inside the door, is broken. The previous owner must
have really reefed on the door and the small brackets that come through the
door and fasten to the door strap are broken. The pieces listed in the parts
catalogs all look like the door strap piece that fits in the body section
ahead of the door.
Is there any place to buy the piece that actually mounts inside the door or
some other fix? There isn't much that sticks out through the door so I'm not
sure if I could have someone weld some washers or something there to act as a
bracket.

Curt Hoffman
RV-9A wings done for now- working on tail
Piper Cherokee N5320W
1974 TR6 CF18035U