Radio Wiring Part Two

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Radio Wiring Part Two
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:37:09 -0400
Hi List:

I am posting this question again since the first time I received kind responses
from a couple people who were helpful, but couldnt provide an answer.  I am
sure others have been this route previously so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

The CD/Radio has the following connections to wire.

A black ground wire.(easy to wire)
A red wire for constant power.(wired to a purple wire at glovebox)
A yellow wire for power.(wired to a green wire at back-up lights)

Have others wired differently, if so, how?  With this set up, either the car
must be started, or the key must be in the on position.  In a 1971 is it
possible to wire the CD/radio to be able to have the CD/radio come on while the
key is in the "accessory" position?  If not and I wire the CD/radio so that it
is on always and just make sure I turn off the radio when I shut off the engine
am I creating any potential problems?

Thanks for any and all help.

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 with CD/radio installed and one speaker installed.

PS. You CAN install 6X9 speakers in the front on either side of the radio, they
just fit, but they do fit.