Re: Vibration

To: <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vibration
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:07:11 -0600
I too have a vibration between 55 and 60 mph but I'm not sure I understand the
mechanics of the drivetrain theory as it affects vibration.  Is the out of
balance driveshaft simply trying to shake the whole car?  If so, shouldn't I
see the gearshift lever shaking as well?  FWIW, I had my driveshaft balanced a
few years ago and the balance was so far off that it needed to have a washer
welded to it to get it right.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Dick wrote:>
RichC---I have always followed the practice of replacing the propshaft
in the same position as before removal. I really don't know why this is
necessary, tho. This shaft is supposedly is balanced as a unit. When
members such as the transmission and or differential are replaced, how
would you then go about replacing the propshaft back to original?
Anyone care to put some light at the end of this tunnel?!

Dick