Need help (again)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help (again)
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:01:05 EDT
After much too long dealing with carb, switch, wiring, etc. issues, I'm been
able to enjoy my 6 on the road for the past few weeks.  However, I'm still
getting what now seems to be a more serious problem.  While idle seems solid at
about 900, I've noticed that under hard acceleration load, I get a sputtering
and hesitation before the engine smooths out.  This is especially prevalent
when cold.  When warm, things smooth out quite a bit.  Now that it's getting
cooler and it takes longer to get to normal engine temp. this is more
problematic.
 I DO have the vacuum advance disconnected and plugged due to a questionable
advance unit.

Anything immediately come to mind from those more experienced?  Could weak
carb air valve springs cause this?  Or worn metering needles  in the carbs
themselves (these are the only things not replaced in recent carb rebuild)?

I'd love to find the problem before winter hibernation sets in.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6