Brake light on/off during shifting gears

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake light on/off during shifting gears
From: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:59:46 -0400
Michael E. Greene
8800 Shoreham Blvd.
Knoxville Tn. 37922
1974 TR6

I started my car in the garage today and backed it onto the street. I shifted
the car into 1 gear and the park lamp light/buzzing started working for the
first time since I have had the car ( Note The park brake was off). Each time
I shifted the park brake buzzer/light would alarm. The only time the
buzzer/light would quit annunciating would be when I left the car in neutral
or between shifts 1 to 2 etc. This situation lasted for several miles then
would quit, then start back up again. I have ordered a repair manual for the
car but it is still on back order. I need some help with where to start
trouble shooting/ repair. I need a punch list. I would appreciate any help.