Re: Distributor Advance Weights

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Advance Weights
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:24:06 -0400
Geoff,

One thing I forgot to add - Peter Cox of Moss/Triumphtune in the UK told me
to purchase their distributor spring kit, use the heaviest primary and
secondary springs in the kit and set total max advance to 32 degrees.  One
caveat is that I'm not sure how it plays out with a stock motor, since his
recommendation was based on the fact that my engine is modified with hotter
cam, compression and so forth, so a distributor mod makes sense.  Again, I
do not know how this would work in a straight stock motor.  I've yet to
prove out Peter's suggestion but thought I'd pass this along.

Greg
CD6250L