Non-original restorations

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-original restorations
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:50:16 EDT
The 30K string was really interesting.

My gorgeous BRG (originally s*** brown) TR6, has a '73 dash because I prefer
the rectangular idiot lights. It has leather seats, no s-s strip under the
doors, and 205/70's to make it ride like a real car. It has a wood steering
wheel
and the w/washer reservoir is turned 90 degrees because it makes more sense.
All the interior vinyl-covered parts (dash pad, knee pads, console, etc.) are
light tan to mach the carpet and seats. The mechanics are 100% original. Put
it next to a new car and keep concours judges away, and mine will win 1st prize
every time! People drool over it at malls. Anyone out there have a similar
car?

If I wanted to sell it (I don't) it would cost me about $200 plus redlines
(yech) and about 2 days work to make it a concours contender.

Listers might care to read an article in the electronic Daily Telegraph about
Aston Martin DB GT restos. Very interesting.

Mike N

CC75088L